Smstrusteenews and research house CoreData have announced the winners of the seventh annual SMSF Service Provider Awards.
The winners, across 15 categories, represent the leading providers of services and products to the SMSF sector according to the trustees who use them.
CoreData managing director Jason Andriessen, who was involved in collecting and analysing the trustee feedback, said the awards were based on two field reports conducted by the research house in June and July and so represented current views on the service providers.
In presenting the awards, Andriessen highlighted a number of key factors that were identified in choosing the leading investment product providers, including strong technical expertise, a well-diversified portfolio and long-term track record.
For the award-winning service providers, he noted proactive service and competitive rates and costs ranked highly with the trustees who voted for providers.
A number of groups were repeat winners, with CommSec, Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), AMP and iShares having won their categories in 2018 as well.
The 2019 trustee-voted winners for the best SMSF service providers in their respective categories are:
- Australian shares – CommSec,
- International shares – CommSec,
- Fixed income – CommSec,
- Administration – AMP SMSF Solutions,
- Commercial property – Macquarie,
- Residential property loans – CBA,
- Investment platform – Macquarie Wrap,
- Cash and term deposits – CBA,
- Insurance – AMP,
- Audit – Australian Independent Audit Services,
- ETF – iShares,
- Listed investment company – Australian United Investment,
- Trust deed provider – Cleardocs,
- Infrastructure – Macquarie, and
- Innovator – La Trobe Financial.
To vote in the 2020 SMSF Trustee Service Provider Research click here.